5 month old hates Jumperoo

I just bought my son a jumperoo and he hates it, he starts crying and screaming when I put him in there, was your son/daughter the same way? Does he just need time to adjust to his new jumperoo? Or should I just take it back to the store?

Natashaheart

Asked by Natashaheart at 7:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter wasn't too thrilled at first either. Give him time. My daughter LOVES it. She is 11 months old now (almost) and so she doesn't stay happy in it as long as she used to since she is mobile now, but she would bounce around in that thing like a maniac.....it was so adorable!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Mine did the same thing! He got used to it after a couple days. It was funny, because he would cry then laugh, then cry then laugh, but that wasn't right away. In the beginning I would only put him in it for a couple mins while I sat next to him and played with his feet, bouncing him up and down. Now I put him in it and gave him a knotted wash cloth to suck on (under supervision) and he loves it. It took 3-4 days for him to really like it.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would just leave it up in the front room so she can explore it and see what she thinks of it. When she gets more interested in it try putting her in it. But remember that they only reccomend using them untill the child can walk. My daughter only used hers for 4 months before she decided she didn't like it very much and would rather be on the floor or in her walker.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• A 5 month old, IMO, is too young for a jumperoo. They don't have good enough body control to enjoy it. Focus on tummy time for now to help strengthen those muscles, especially in the neck.

I wouldn't return it though, keep it for when he is a little older and he may love it (like around 10-12 months.).
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My son is five months and i got his jumperoo for a shower gift and he loves it. His feet go so fast. I bet if you give her some time she'll love it. But if its something that you think she isn't gonna like i would for sure take it back those things are expensive and just get her something she will like.
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009