I want my Dr. to Deliver my baby, but the only chance of that is c-section? Is that a selfish choice?

babygoins09

Asked by babygoins09 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor will give you a c cetion if thats what you want, they dont care on the way you choose to deliver, its your choice not the hospitals!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• why is that the only chance if you paid him to deliver then he should no matter what
    mine did
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• why wont he do a vaginal delivery?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If you are doing it at the right time and not early, then no I guess it's not really selfish. If you have to get a c-section earlier than your due date though, that's wrong. Also, I don't find it selfish but maybe a little odd that you are that desperate to have your doc deliver the baby that you'd have a c-section to ensure it. I don't know that they'd even do it to be honest. I don't see why any hospital would perform a c-section just because the mother wants a specific doc to deliver.
    Anonymous

• Im in the same boat, its because if you go into labor on night he is not working one of his "team" of doctors will diliver you right?
    He cant be on call for EVERYONE EVERYDAY AND NIGHT.... I get it!
    I wouldnt say its selfish, its not really hurting the baby and most doctors will say its safer-
    Im not sure if I agree its safer, but It would promise your doctors pressence!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• There is only one dr on call everynight so whichever doctor that is plus an obgyn from my doctors offie which consist of of like 5 diffrent obgyn so it depends whos on call from the office ...so unless i get maybe induced or a c-section it could be any one of th dr.s thats why i have to see all of them through my pregnancy
    babygoins09

Answer by babygoins09 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I personally don't think its a wise decision. C-secs are meant for emergancies.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• And a nurse just might be the obe catching the baby anyways!
    Anonymous

• If this is your first baby, I would think twice about an unneeded c-section, most doctors and hospitals are not allowing women to have a vaginal delivery after c-section. Also a section is major surgery regardless how often it is performed, the risks are many. If it was me, I would not do it, healing time is much longer than a vaginal birth, moving around and even holding your baby will be difficult.

Not knocking any mother that had to have a c-section, I know many that have, and they all stated if they could have went vaginal they would have.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009