Is anyone on the Homescan Panel?

If so, have you accrued enough points to get anything yet? And, what have you gotten? I just started my household on this program and looked through the prizes today. Looks like I will need to remain a member for 6 months to a year, to be able to get anything that I may actually use.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup! I do it, and my mom did it for 12 years. They've been around a long time! It's a lot easier now.... back when my mom did it (when I was a kid), in order to transmit, you didn't have the option of hooking up the scanner to the computer and hitting a button and taking 2 minutes. You had to hold it up to your home phone and hold it there for 30 minutes for it to transmit!! I'm glad things have gotten easier now. :)
    After watching my mom do it and helping her do it for so many years, I don't mind doing it at all. It takes a while to build up points to get stuff, but I have patience, so I don't mind. Some of the prizes are worth waiting for, especially if your finances are tight and you know you won't be getting something for a long time (like a vacuum).
    I almost have enough points for the coffee grinder I want. :)
    AudMama

Answer by AudMama at 6:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• ??? never heard of this program please share.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 7:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• when i went to google it,the first things to come up were scam and hoax.
    corinnejenkins

Answer by corinnejenkins at 8:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• it is a program that rewards you with points that you can spend on various items. You just sign up for it and if you are approved they will send you a device(free of charge) that you use to scan the barcodes on everything you buy. This is only for research, they want to know who isbuying what and where and when. You scan the barcodes of your purchases, and once a week you send the information to them through your computer. You earn points every week for sending your shopping trips in and they have very short surveys that you can do to earn points as well. I must admit I do not always scan my purchases for every trip. It does not really matter though cause you get the same amount of points for every weekly transmission, no matter how many trips you send them. My first couple transmissions, I only sent 1 shopping trip and still got my points.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I signed up shortly after getting my laptop(first comp. i have ever owned) a few months ago. I got the email that I was approved and they were sending my scanner out about a month or so later.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• that is odd corin, i just did the same and did not see those words anywhere. regardless, i have never and would never pay out anything to them so how can it be a scam? they have never asked me for any money, it is just research.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I tried it for a while but it was a pain so I sent the scanner back. It was very easy to cancel, so it won't hurt to give it a try.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I checked again.I originally just typed in homescan and google showed related stuff to try and it was in those.I did it again and clicked on it this time and most of them were just saying that they wondered if they were a scam/hoax...sorry!.....I checked the website and seems ok so I ordered a scanner to try it out.
    corinnejenkins

Answer by corinnejenkins at 6:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Honestly, it just requires enough patience to use the scanner for 5 minutes every time you go grocery shopping, and 2 minutes to transmit your info once a week. It's super easy, and I think it's worth the "hassle"!
    AudMama

Answer by AudMama at 6:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009