Teething . . . not wanting to eat.

My daughter just cut her first tooth last week and has 3 more ready to cut through any time now. Last night she had an axillary of 100.2 so I gave her some baby tylenol and some baby oragel. I also have the teething tablets. She has basically been refusing to eat. I practically have to force her to drink her bottles and she pretty much won't eat any solids at all . . a couple bites here and there. Is this normal? Any suggestions or advice?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm.. well i used to worry about my little one not eating sometimes until the doctor told me that she will not starve herself. even now (she's 2) when dinner's ready she won't eat sometimes and be starving later and eat like a pig. i would definitely try though everytime it's time for her to eat, and if she refuses just try again in a little bit. maybe put a little pedialyte in one of her bottles if it goes on for a day or 2 so she doesn't get dehydrated. any longer than that i'd ask the doctor what to do. she may just be in so much pain from the tooth that she doesn't want to eat.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009