Infant ID at airport

My son is 5 mos, What kind of ID do I need for him? I couldn't find an awnser on the TSA website.

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my husband said no tha tyou dotn need one he works at mccarren airport here in vegas
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Um, you shouldn't need an ID for an infant to fly. It's not like your 5 mo is going to whip out a box cutter and shouldn't be on any terrorist watch lists. If your state doesn't offer a photo ID for infants, then you couldn't possibly HAVE a photo ID for him.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• This is what the TSA has to say about identification:

Effective June 21, 2008, ***ADULT*** passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID that contains the following: name, date of birth, gender, expiration date and a tamper-resistant feature in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight. (all-caps and asterisks done by me)

What this means is that ANY child passenger is NOT required to have ID.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They usually require either an immunization record or a birth certificate. Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous