• In the Spotlight:

Where do u shop for your baby's clothes?

I have a 5 month baby boy that will turn 6 months in 14 days. He was 15.5 lbs and 24 in at his 4 month check up. He currently wears 6-9 month clothes, do I start shopping for 12 month clothing now or later? Where do you shop for your babies clnthes? Is it cheap and affordable there? Thanks. How many onesies and rest of the clothes do u buy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We buy a ton second hand at places like Once Upon a child. Otherwise we shop sales racks at Target or the Children's place.
    I wouldn't get 12 month stuff yet... start thinking of it when his clothes start getting small. Because you don't want a bunch of stuff for the wrong season.... they start to slow down on growth around this time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Freecycle, then second hand stores and Craigslist
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 8:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• WalMart, Target, or Carters/Osh Kosh. WalMart has this brand called Garanimals. They're really cute clothes for a really low price (like $3-$5 per shirt, onesie, pair of pants, or shorts). Try measuring your DS's stats and see what you come up with then check the weight/height limits on his current clothes. If they're over the limits, buy the bigger clothes. My son is only two months old, but when we buy his clothes we get a few of the Gerber onesies because they're thinner and and cooler for this hot weather. They run about $8 for a 5-pack. Other than that, we get a few Garanimals onesie/shorts outfits for about $6 per outfit. Hope that helps!!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Target and Kohls
    Anonymous

• I buy a size bigger than I think I need and I've never regretted it because my babies grow so fast! I love the Children's Place! Their sales are always awesome; I just got a bunch of stuff for my son there including several shirts for only $2.50 each! Boys are so much harder to buy for than girls because the selection is just not there. I like the OshKosh store and also Target, Kohls, and Old Navy. I like onesies up until they start walking and after that I get regular shirts. How many articles of clothes depends on how messy your kids gets and how much laundry you like to do!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 10:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Janie & Jack is my number one favorite. Then there's Zutano, BlaBla Kids, and Appaman (most of those brands you have to order online. I also like the Children's place, Gymboree, and Crazy 8. American Eagle has a great new children's line too.
    tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I shop consignment shops and garage sales and accept hand-me-downs from anyone who wants to give them to me! I also shop clearance racks everywhere I go. When the winter stuff goes on clearance at the end of winter, I will guess what size my kids will be in by next winter and buy that size. I definitely buy the next size up. If there's something cute on sale and it only comes in a bigger size, I will buy it anyway. Kids don't grow backwards, so if I buy clothes ahead of time while they're on sale, I spend less in the long run.
    AudMama

Answer by AudMama at 6:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• The baby store, kohls or children's place.
    momiangeleyes

Answer by momiangeleyes at 7:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009