Help PLEASE!!!

I honestly dont know what to do. I love my daughter so much....but there are times when she is crying that I break down so much that I have thought about giving her to my mother. No one knows about these feelings and I feel so bad for even thinking about that...but I dont know what wrong. For the past month or so, not a day has went by that I didnt think that God made a mistake by giving me this wonderful little girl. It just feels like I am not meant to be a parent and that I do nothing right.....
Could this be ppd...and if it is...why is it showing up so late..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your daughter? It is depression, I'm sure of it. Are you sleeping? Get some help and talk to someone. Get a counselor, medication and get a break right away. This does happen to a lot of people. Is it your first baby?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• How old is your dd? It is normal to have these kinds of feelings as a new mother it can be very stressful taking care of a new baby and when they cry and you can't figure it out makes things worse. Maybe you should think about talking to someone because it could be ppd

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• PPD can start to show up UP TO a year after the birth of your baby. I started to have PPD a few months after the birth of my son and it progressed almost to PPP before he was a year old. I didn't seek help until around his 1st birthday because I thought it COULDN'T be PPD if it started "so late" and because I was generally in denial becuase I thought it would mean I would have to stop BF'ing him. It DOES sound like you might be depressed and/or overwhelmed so you SHOULD contact your OB or primary care Dr for help. You are NOT a bad mommy for having these feelings. It DOES NOT mean that you're not "meant" to be a parent. It just means that CONGRATULATIONS ... you're human.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• She is 6 months old (in a couple days). This is my first. as for sleep...lets just say my dh works nights....so he is gone from like 1 in the afternoon til 1 in the morning....and then he has to sleep for work.....I am cooking, cleaning, taking care of the baby.....all by myself....and when he does help i feel guilty for making him because he works so much.....
    Anonymous

• Post partum depression show up at anytime within the first year (and sometimes beyond)
    I would say for sure takl to you doctor about it. And then get some more help so you can destress
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ppd can show up up to a year after the baby, and i agree, i definatly think you have. I do too. Do NOT feel ashamed to talk to your dr about this, thats what they are there for! Please call right away, they will make you feel so much better! Good Luck!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 7:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You are in a hard spot with your SO working nights and you doing everything. Is there anyone that can give you a break in the day so you can sleep OR just get a tiny piece of your life back (doing something you did before baby)? This will pass but just go get the help/medication for now. It doesn't mean you'll be on it forever but to get you through the next little while. Also, let some stuff go. it's impossible to cook, clean, do the laundry, grocery shopping and other errands all while taking care of a 6 month old. Pick something and just let it go, even though sometimes you do all of the above to feel like your job is worthwhile. I do it for control but know at times I just have to say, "Taco Time tonight!" Anyway, you'll be fine, God didn't make a mistake at all, you simply need a little help!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I've had these moments. Maybe not to this extreme, but I think all moms have days when they feel like the worst mom in the world. You should get help, tell your doctor you feel this way. You can come through this if you seek help. For now I hope that just knowing that you're not the only one to feel like this will help!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My hubby got switched to second shift a few weeks ago and he's on the same schedule (3 pm to 1 am) and although I don't have PPD, it was a HUGE change for me too. My son is almost 7 months. I am just getting used to it and he's going back to his regular schedule next week! It is so frustrating to have to run a household, raise a baby, etc while he's either gone or laying in bed. Make sure you talk to him and let him know EVERYTHING you're feeling, and let him know you're serious. They don't get what it's like to be us. They think since we're not working that we have it easy...my husband couldn't do what I do every day! I guarantee it. Get some meds from your doc too. There's nothing wrong with being depressed unless you don't get help! Babies are big adjustments, please don't give up on her!!! If you would like to talk about anything, please message me! I know exactly how you feel.
    AndrewNChristy

Answer by AndrewNChristy at 10:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You are an amazing mother because you have asked this question on here. Your daughter needs you and GOD chose you to be her Mum. You are doing so much and it is such a huge lifestyle change. Im sure your husband would be happy to help if you talked to him. He works I know but needs to step in and take some pressure off. I would reccomend you speak to a doc about ppd and rally people around you. Try to leave the house everyday with baby and do something for you. She may not cry outdoors. Mine doesn't! As my Mum said, and Dr Sears its better for parents and babies to be outside when they are crying. It just doesn't seem as bad.

Add me as a friend and lets chat. i know how you feel
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009