Am I still supposed to be bleeding/spotting?

Alright, so I'm on the nuvaring (I'm a bad pill taker.) and my Dr. told me to start it when I started my period... I started my period Sunday, May 24th. My periods usually last about 4-5 days, but I'm still bleeding... well it's more like spotting I guess. So my question is... is this normal to still be spotting this long after my "normal" period? Or is something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• I think you misunderstood your doctor. You are supposed to put it in anytime after you start, not necessarily the day you start...my doctor has always told me just to do it the Sunday after I start.

I would say that yes, this is normal. You put it in while you were on your period, but those hormones tried to stop it, and so basically slowed it down (at least thats how it sounds to me...does that make sense?) and you should even out with your next period.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Mine told me 5 days after I start. I'd call to double check. The bleeding is normal. I love the Nuva Ring.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009