Do you think sex ed should be taught in schools?

Personally I think that theres nothing wrong with doubling up on parent and teacher sex education, but do you think its silly to do it every year from 4th grade to 12th?
when I was in High school we had sex ed class EVERY YEAR from 4th grade up until I graduated.
I can honestly say my school didnt have alot of teen pregnancy, infact, I think I only knew one girl and she was in the 12th grade....
what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The reason they introduce it early is because girls are getting their periods younger and younger. They don't give them all the gory details at once. It's just enough for them to process at one time. Personally I have no problem with sex ED but when it comes down to it I believe it is the soul responsibility of the parent to make sure their child has the right ideas about sex. It's not fair to just expect that the school will do it for you. For me, I wanna know whats going through their minds and hope they are comfortable with talking to me or someone I trust. I talk to my kids about free will, and how choices can affect their entire lives. I hope they can learn from my life and my regrets and my accomplishments.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• YES! im big on sex ed! with how many kids are doing it now, and all the lies that are out there. My parents never gave me the sex talk, in fact i barely got the period talk. I figured it all out on my own. I think the more they know the better they are prepared to make the right decision for them.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 8:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think it doesnt make a difference. Im graduating in two weeks and there is 6 pregnant 12th graders and 3 mothers. Its not the sex ed its the fact that theres nothing to do for teens anymore so we are all bored and we stay in the house and bang because its the funnest thing to do lol.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• great attitue, hope you dont pass that on to your kid Mammabella
    Anonymous

• Like I said Mamabella, we make our own choices! Decisions we make now affect the rest of our lives. What you don't care about now you'll wish you did later! Your statement is not funny, and what you said is not a fact it's a really sorry excuse to act on your impulses.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• MammaBella, I just graduated in 2007 and believe me, there are plenty of other things to do than have sex and get yourself pregnant. Especially if your involved in extracurricular activities AT SCHOOL! lol I would however double up on sex ed at school and at home because there are certain things a child should hear from their parents, not a school textbook and a chalkboard diagram.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm all for sex ed. I don't think it's an excuse or a substitute for parents not to address the issue with their kids but real info. is a good idea.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• im all for sex ed and parents talking to there kids about sex. They tell you all the facts straight out. If you have unprotected sex you can get diseases (alot of times they even show you what they look like) and that alone kept me from having sex for like 3 years longer then I owuld have if it wasnt for that knowledge. Especially there "the condom can break" scares
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009