Just for fun...

What's the worst gift you've ever received from somebody?

Mine would have to be from my grandma (bless her heart). When I had my first son, she got me a plant. It was beautiful...for about a week. I was too busy taking care of baby to worry about a plant, lol!! I know she meant well, and this is all for fun!!

RhiannonHunt

Asked by RhiannonHunt at 8:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One year back when I was a teen,my aunt gave me this door knocker sized necklace with this giant purple stone in the middle of it,very gothic! For the life of me I don't know what she was thinking! I hardly ever wear jewelry of any sort,much less anything resembling THAT! I was really hurt by it,literally and figuratively! It weighed a ton and I was goaded into wearing it for the day!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My grandma once got me a yellow sweatshirt/sweater with like teddy bears on it when I was like 15 lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• For my birthday the year i turned 16, I got a purple fuzzy pen. It was childish and actually hurt my feelings!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My aunt got me panties from a yard sale for my 17th birthday. Not gently used. I was horrified! ------How did your hamburger helper turn out Rhiannon?
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know about me but my MIL got a toilet seat for her Birthday from her husband once! Hahaha! I wonder why that marriage didn't make it?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I got a plant on my wedding aniversey-not flowers, not a rose, not a daisy from the yard, a plant- like one you put on a desk and foget to water until it dies.
    it died so fast it was like like plastic-it stayed green for like a year until I threw it away got all waxy and such- I sware it was alive at one point but I never touced it.
    I guess hubby made a good 2.97 cent investment.
    @$$hole....
    Anonymous

• lol, it turned out good Bmanda! Thank u again!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 9:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My MIL gave me a Christmas sweater, you know the kind that your 2nd grade teacher used to wear. I looked at it and folded it back up and handed it right back to her. I said "I really appreciate the thought, but I'm honestly not going to wear that, it's just not my style" Now she asks my hubby or just gives me money :p
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I also got a ceiling fan duster for a wedding gift. me an DH laughed with my neighbor about it. It was kind of a joke, so i gave it to her for xmas as a gag gift...now i regret it cuz i could really use it!! Dammit!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009