• In the Spotlight:

Are there any moms who have had their first child at 38 or older?

If so, why did you wait and will you have more? I had my first at 38 because I wasn't married until 37. Ohhhh, I was sooo afraid I would never have children. I am now 39 and time is definately not on our side but my husband thinks we are getting too old...

averys1mama

Asked by averys1mama at 8:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Today it is not usually a problem having children in your late thirties. I had my first at 37 and the pregnany went very well. I find myself being more patient with my toddler than I would have been in my twenties. However my toddler zaps my energy.
    goombabear

Answer by goombabear at 8:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/160

This is a link to the New Moms (again!) at 40+ group. Even though you're a bit younger (I'm jealous!) I think you could gain a lot of insight and encouragement  with these ladies. (And you can "hide" the group on your home page or profile so that no one thinks that you are 40 yet! LOL!)

They have had children, some even first pregnancies over the age of 40. So, you aren't so old! LOL! Congratulations! welcome

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• BTW, I am in the group as a foster/adoptive parent who is 41 and starting new.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm 39 and we just adopted our 1st child in March. We tried for many years to get pregnant and started the adoption process when I was 35. I don't know if we'll have any more kids or not. I'd like to, but because my husband is a little older, we don't qualify for many programs.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• 39 & having my second child in Octobet
    Anonymous

• I don't think your to old to have another child ,I was 17 and 19 when I had my first two and I know have boy/girl twins at the age of 40 that is 20 year age gap between them, but all babies are precious,so I don't think your to old as long as you are healthy I don't see why you don't have another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2009