When was the firsts time you....

painted your daughters nails? (If ever). How old was she? Basically im wondering when it would be appropriate to paint my daughters nails for the first time...when shes old enough to sit still long enough for me to do them while shes awake? Or would it be ok to paint them while shes sleeping and hold her hand while they dry. She'll be two weeks tomorrow and I dont plan on doing it anytime soon I just want to know when it would be ok. Like in a few months or long?

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 8:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• longer?**
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• waited until she was 3, because babies are always putting finger in their mouths and nail polish has formaldehyde and other chemicals in it.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• that makes sence lol
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• so basically when shes done with the hand in mouth thing
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my oldest had hers painted in her hospital pictures! she was so little she didnt put them in her mouth.... I did it until she started being a tad active than I started... Shes going to be 6 in a few days and I dont let her nails get painted I now see it as shes just a little girl and should stay like that! I dont know why I changed my mind but I did..
    youngmomiof3

Answer by youngmomiof3 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i did my daughters toenails at 2 months..but fingers i waited til she was about 1.5yrs
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• when she's old enough to ask you to i'd say. because my daughter loves to paint her own nails now and she's 3.
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2009