She says I'm starving my baby!!!

I was talking to my ex so this afternoon about our 11 month old daughter. He mentioned that he and his mom were talking about the baby, and she said-I kid you not!-that the reason why our daughter is so small is because I'm STARVING HER!!!!

Our dd is about 17 pounds and 31 inches long***. I admit that she's a little on the small side, but it's not because I'm withholding food!! Her doctor says that she's growing slowly but steadily, and shows no signs of concern.

Should I confront that shrew? I haven't spoken to her in almost a year because she caused all kinds of problems for me and so, which led to our break up. Her little "suggestions" and innuendos. Apparently, she hasn't learned to keep her fat mouth shut, because she's doing it again!!!

Thank you.

***She was born 8 pounds, 1 ounce, and 20 inches long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• If her doctor isn't concerned about her, then I wouldn't be either! Eff that old lady, she just wants to cause drama.
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 11:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about her...she's just being a old bitty.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• grandmothers always think mothers are starving the kids. I didn't learn to cook until I had grandkids. not sure what happens when a woman becomes a grandmother but for some reason we focus on food and starvation. If she thought you were starving her for real she'd report you.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Sounds like she's trying to stir up more trouble with you and your ex. If you ex is truly concerned about it, he needs to go to your DD's next dr's appt and hear from the dr that the baby is getting enough to eat.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• OP

I wouldn't be surprised if she reported me to CPS. She's that kind of person. She already convinced my ex that I was going to take the baby across the country and that he's never see the baby again! Where did THAT come from?? Even my ex scratches his head at that one!! She is a major troublemaker.
    Anonymous

• id ignore her...if your not doing anything wrong you shouldnt let her bother you...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would not confront her- that would give her too much satisfaction knowing that she is getting to you. I would say to ex next time he mentions it "gee, the DOCTOR things dd is growing nicely". If he has concerns give him the doctor's # or at the next doctor visit ask if they will write a note saying DD is healthy and growing within normal range. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If your ex is concerned... tell him he's welcome to go the dr with you for the next check up.
    My daughter is 4 and has always been very tiny. Her dr sent her to one of those growth dr's just to make sure she was okay and I said "umm have you happened to notice how short her Mom is? Then... now's the time to ask about the Daddy's height.... and he kinda said, ummm yea but let's just check to make sure. She's now 4 and only weighs about 28 lbs and is still very petite and short but is very healthy and eats everything she can get her hands on lol. My other child weighed that at 18 months for sure. But there are some people that do go exactly by what the book says a baby should eat and the child is hungry and you can tell but they refuse to budge.
    I'd let what she says go right out the other ear... but if he's concerned, take him to appointment so he can feel assured that she's healthy and growing on regular basis.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009