can your kid actually PEDAL a bike?

im trying soo hard to teach my son how to pedal his bike but he wont. he doesn't even really want to try. he's 2 1/2 and i just wish he would want to learn because i know he'd have so much fun riding his bike. does any of your kids know how to pedal?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 8:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 2 1/2 too. He can pedal really well. Most of the kids his age in daycare can too, they have mini races =)
    Anonymous

• My son just turned 2 almost 2 months ago and for a few weeks we have been working on him pedaling his trike. He is doing pretty good. I would say he is almost there. We work on it a lot (just about every day since he has gotten it, excluding a couple of days that it has rained). He is really determined though:)

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 9:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my son turned 3 in march. we jsut got him a 12' bike 2 days ago. before he would try and use his trike but all he ever really did was walk it around. i think the problem was tho that he couldnt pedal cuz his legs were too long and he would hit his knees. hes always been really tall. but jstu remember that every kid is different. he'll get more interested in it eventually. also if you have a bike, try and ride around him, then he will want to too
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We're working on it. She's still a little short to comfortably reach the pedals but she tries really hard.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009