lol probably a stupid question. orgasm related so def. tmi

Alright, well before I got pregnant...one could have very accurately labeled me as a "sexoholic" I just love sex...everything about it. Now that I'm pregnant, I never imagined my drive could increase but it has drastically. haha

My question is...
Will multiple orgasms/lots of sex/lots of masturbation (any of those) hurt the baby or cause an preterm labor or complications?

I'm 23 weeks by the way

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I honestly dont think so... I'm in the same boat you're in.. im 25 weeks and our sex life has hit through the roof... but the doc says its fine.. long as i aint bleeding or anything during or afterwards..
    rainylittlebug

Answer by rainylittlebug at 8:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• highly unlikely... we screwed like rabbits till the last three weeks with my first and he was late!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Orgasm does cause the uterus to contract. If you start to have contractions after one then I would call the doctor. Usually it doesn't cause preterm but its not a common thing. Masturbation can only be a problem only if you get bacteria in your vagina and cause an infection.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It could because like annamcq18 said "orgasm does cause the uterus to contract" but I wouldnt owrry about it..me and my SO never had a problem with it as a matter of fact I went for 41 weeks! Near the end we were trying to get the baby to come out and nothing (including sex) helped. So unless you feel contractions after I wouldnt even think twice!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009