I'm seriously craving red wine.. how awful would a small glass be? I'm almost 20weeks pregnant.

paganmom05

Asked by paganmom05 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think having a few drinks would hurt, especially when you are out if the first trimester. Just don't do it on a regular basis.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• People are going to tell you that you are a terrible person for even asking this question, FYI.

Regardless, my doctor said that I could have a couple beers throughout my pregnancy and that it wouldn't hurt a thing. And red wine is supposed to be good for you, so IMO I say go for it, but no more than 1 small glass.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Probably not that bad... but who knows. and why risk it? take a nap or something until you get over this particular craving. Your child is too important... if you have to ask then you probably know you shouldn't have it.... GL =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• When in your third trimester you can even have Tylenol PM and stool softeners so I do not think one glass of red wine on a full stomach would hurt occasionally. Heavy drinking can cause low birth weight babies and premature birth. I had some brandy in my tea during my last trimester and my baby was born at 40 weeks and was 9 pounds, so obviously he was not a low birth weight baby.
    goombabear

Answer by goombabear at 8:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009