Do you suffer from PMDD?

I was just curious if anyone has actually been diagnosed wih this disorder. I get extrememly angry of the tiniest issues and lash out at my SO for things that I have been holding in for weeks about once a month right around that time of the month. To clarify, I get very, very, very, very, very angry about te tiniest shit that normally I will just let roll off of me. I get angry with my 10 month son for doing things, when i know he is just acting on instinct at this age. If I get overly angry, I put him safely in his crib or playpen and just walk away from him for a couple minutes to calm myself. It scares me how very angry i get, i feel capable of almost anything at these times and it scares me. Could I be suffering from this disorder?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• I have it too and it sounds very similar to what you described.At first Drs tried to just tell me it was an anger problem, but I didnt hacve an "episode" the whole time I was pregnant with my first baby or the entire time I breastfed, untill my cycles came back and it started up again. I will be mad over absolutely nothing, and then wonder why everyone is walking on eggshells 3 days later after I am not feeling that way again. I finally found a Dr that would diagnose me and not blow me off and have been doing good ever since. I tried prozac for a bit but hated the side effects, and am now on zoloft for it (when I am not pregnant that is) and it works wonderfully. Back when I was diagnosed it was still a newly diagnosed disorder and I had alot of trouble finding a Dr that didnt think it was bs, but I think Drs are more understanding now. If you think you have it please get help, I feel like a new person since I did
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• first i want to apologize, i just realized i posted the same question twice but i had already received a genuine answer both times , so i did not erase the second. I am on state insurance, through a clinic andI'm just afraid they will blow me off cause they probably get all kinds of drug seekers and what not. I am truely afraid of what I may do at these times of the month! I do plan on making an appointment for transport through my insurance to see a doctor tomorrow. I will see what the doc says!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009