CONTRACTIONS????

im having braxtion hicks contractions alot when i lay down, im 25 weeks could it be more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do they hurt? Or are they just uncomfortable?? I started getting A LOT of braxton hicks starting at about 4 months pregnant with my first. I got like 10 an hour!! But they never hurt. They were just tight and annoying....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• and I carried to term.
    mrsbvader

• they hurt, last night they woke me up, and i was crying for hours...they defently hurt.
    Anonymous

• Then I would say they are more than braxton hicks...but thats just from my personal experience. how long have they been going on?
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• for the past week or so, but they arent consistant like im not getting them every hour but painful, could i be going into labor soon, or could someone be in labor for weeks???
    Anonymous

• I don't think you could be in labor for weeks. Not the "painful" kind that is... but if you are worried about this and in that much pain then I would say contact your doctor in the morning. Even if its for nothing more than peace of mind. As long as they aren't consistent you probably don't have all that much to worry about... but just to be safe I would call the doctor. I have never heard of braxton hicks being that painful.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You are probably dehydrated... that can cause "contractions" Try drinking alot of water and some orange juice and see if it changes
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 9:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009