I love the Name Dakota (for a boy) but am worried its too popular.. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've only met one. I've only met one girl with that name too.... so I don't see it being super popular... but then again I live in a small town lol.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• honestly it makes me it makes me think of dakota fanning the actress, but other then that idk any dakotas, boy or girl
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 9:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I know someone with a baby named that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• oh you can also google 2008's most popular names list... I don't think Dakota was on it which would mean your safe.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't think it is really popular.

You better pray that Dakota Fannings career tanks real soon though, because the other kids at school are going to be mean. Sorry. But it's like that in every class in every town, and having what may be considered a "girl's name" isn't great for any kid.

honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• The only problem I have with the name Dakota (and my sis would kill me if she knew(cause my oldest nephew is Dakota but we call him Kody)which is y this is anon) is it reminds me of mu hubbys truck.. A Dodge DAKOTA... before the truck became popular I would always think of the City...

But I myself before I found out my nephew's name had even considered it.
    I was gonna use Dakota Tyler ......My nephew is Dakota Skylar......
    Anonymous

• I love the name Dakota and of course when i found out i was having a boy back in 2005 i named him Dakota Ryan. If you love the name then i would go for it. My son is the second Dakota i have ever met and the first was when i was 11 years old and it was a little boy i babysat which is when i fell in love with the name :)
    Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager

Here is a cool site that has a really nice graph that shows how popular a name is. My son has a friend named Nakota. I have never actually met anyone named Dakota.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009