Comments on Gripe Water??

I've been using Gripe water with my 2 month old....and it seems to really sooth her colic and reflux...it's almost to good to be true...all natural ingrdients and you can use it with all feedings or whenever she's fussy...I don't go overboard I only use it when she really seems to be just uncomfortable...any comments???? All are welcome...i'm new at this and can use all the advice i can get! :)

sharonraquel73

Asked by sharonraquel73 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i love gripe water! always seems to help my son and he likes the flavor!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i also found it worked very well on my extremely gasy 2 month old. i still felt weirded out about giving her "medicine" so i would only use is sparingly and gave her half the recommended dosage. it still worked great. i did a ton or reseach before buying colic calm and they even have a video of it working on their website. great stuff!
    baby_umma

Answer by baby_umma at 9:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I actually spoke with reps for both companies...of course both will make the product they are selling out to be the best....I don't like the fact Colic Calm is Black...but it doesn't seem to stain anything....and yes only use when needed the charcoal can take some good nutrients away if used too much...I actually prefer baby bliss..it just seems to work just as fast and last longer...plus you can buy it in stores when you need it....and the prices are about the same.
    sharonraquel73

Answer by sharonraquel73 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I use the walgreens brand gripe water and it is amazing! My son is teething now and it seems to work well with that too! Walmart also has something called colic tabs that are like teething tabs and they work well too
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 12:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I love the stuff. Peppermint and fennel have a long history of being used for upset stomachs. I love the fact that it also gets rid of hiccups.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009