what kinds of medicine do I need to buy to have on hand at home

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Benadryl...the one that comes in strips that melt in your mouth, for allergic reactions.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Oh wait...idk if you should use that on a baby 0 - 12 months though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Mylecon & Tylenol
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• for infants. gas drops, infant tylenol. once they are 6 months i think they can then have infant motrin as well. gas drops were a life saver for me. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Infant's Tylenol, Infant's Motrin (For older babies only), Mylicon Gas Drops, Baby Orajel, Aloe Vera (Sunburns, cuts or other owies), Desitin diaper rash cream, and Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment (I think that's what it's called).
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Benedryl makes a liquid for children. Ask your doctor about dosage if you need to give it to your baby. I was just thinking about this because a friend is having a baby and I wanted to make a medical gift basket when the time comes for gifts (She's only two months). Soo...

Benedryl, Vaseline, Infant's Tylenol, Infant's Mylecon, Infant's Motrin, Some sort of Zinc Oxide ointment, Baby oil (in case of cradle cap), Little noses saline spray, Vick's Vapor rub, Baby q-tips, and cotton balls. You may also want ice packs for boo-boos or fevers.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I always have infant tlylenol, aquaphor oniment for babies which works wonder for babies who have severely dry skin or rashes, triple cream diaper cream, a boo boo Bear (cold/warm pack) is always handy, I would say baby oil but my son had cradle cap and I actually just took it off with my finger nail because his doctor said it was too thick, but yeah baby oil is handy for a dry scalp. Also band-aids, I can't think of anything else because there is so many medicines out there. There are medicines for gassiness, stuffy noses, coughs, I honestly just have tylenol for his teething and fevers and aqauaphor for his dry skin. If I need anything else I would just buy it, doesn't make sense to buy stuff you may never use.

FunkyMonkeyMum

Answer by FunkyMonkeyMum at 10:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• all of the above and icapec when they start crawling and putting everything in their mouth
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009