Why do pregnant teens always think they are being picked on?

Is it in their heads or is that for real?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its real. Very real. The dirty looks we get are rediculous!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Pregnant teens and teen moms do get picked on alot...but it's not as bad as some of them make it out to be. I am 17 and 12 weeks pregnant and I have to be honest and say that I have not faced the brunt of the dirty looks and whispered comments yet, but I do have a two year old brother...and when I take him out in public by myself I get some very hateful things said about me. Just because I have a baby near me doesn't mean its mine...
    LeightonClaire

Answer by LeightonClaire at 9:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i was a teen mom and i wasnt picked on
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm thinking a lot of it would have to do with insecurity. I felt a little self-conscious being pregnant and unmarried, I imagine they feel hyper-sensitive of any cock-eyed looks they get. I can see how that would be. And I'm sure some of them have people say snide things to them. Some self-righteous older people can't keep their mouths shut! :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think alot of its in there head, but if there old enough to have sex, and there old enough to decide to keep a baby, and think of it as more than a play toy than there old enough to deal with it.
    we get angry because teen moms are often bad mothers-its the truth and I hate to say it but why sould I feel sorry for stating the truth!
    I think that some do good, and some take it as serious as it actually is, but more often than not the grandparents are raisng it when they "need a break" or "hve to get out" need some "teen time"
    I think alot of us get angry because we expect more from our children and it disapoints us.
    but truth be told, 60 percent of teen moms rely on the goverment and there parents and friends to raise there children and it shouldnt be anyone elses responsiblity.
    when my friend got pregnant all she could think of was dollar signs.
    "well between child support, WIC, food stamps, state assisted daycare"
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• "ill be fine, my parents will help too"
    I herd nothing of getting a job, and going to school and doing whats best for her baby, only about how my tax dollars will raise her baby.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It depends where you're from.
    And are you referring to getting pick on online? or like in public?
    I get stares and eye rolls from adults who don't know me.
    And other teens I know who are immature say rude shit about it sometimes.

Or on baby gaga.. fuck baby gaga.
    Anonymous

• Cause they usually are. (I was) Though some of it is just hormonal paranoia.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• judith visco that is just your opinion. you might hear or know teens that are like that but there are alot of "of age" mothers out there who are like that too. do you know every single teen mom out there? no you don't so you have no right to say that. all anyone ever does on here is bash teen moms, no one ever tells them what a good choice they made by keeping the baby and giving it life. life is the greatest gift you can give, and don't act like just because someone had a baby at "the right age" doesnt mean that they didn't have sex as a teen, it could've very well have happened to you as it does the other teens now. and dont blame the teen girls, tv, magazines, the rest of the world is telling them to be sexy and sex sells. don't blame the teen, blame the media!!!
    Anonymous

• I was 21 when I had my baby (a few months ago) and I felt like I was getting weird looks but honestly, I think it's just in the head...especially in those last few months. You know, the ones where you look like the prize winning cow at the fair? It's hard NOT to feel self concious about it.
    Anonymous