If someone flirted with you like in a store and gave you something for free would you take it?

Do you think that your DH/SO would be affended if you were in a store/anywhere and a guy worker that flirted with you (you weren't flirting back but being friendly) and he gave you something for free out of the store? For example, like getting an extra side of food or any other small item from the place you shop frequently. Do you think that would be disrespectful to your DH/SO or do you think that they would be overacting about the situation because your intentions were not the same as the guy that was flirting with you but, just thought that was nice gesture for the guy to give you something for free. What is your take on the situation? What if it was the other way around, how would you feel about it?

momofonewntmore

Asked by momofonewntmore at 9:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You bet I would take it. And I wouldn't mind if it happened to dh. Heck, with our money situation, the more free stuff we get, the better! lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Psh...I'd brag! "Homeboy gave me a free hot dog for being cute. Now you can have one, too!"

If my man got stuff for being cute, I'd take him everwhere and let him flaunt our stuff so we go home with a handfull!
    Anonymous

• lol anon 9:31
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 9:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• hmm... I dunno. Depends if they were creepy or what. I guess if it was food on my plate or something- I wouldn't refuse it, it's already there. Is the guy really flirty with you? A girl I knew in HS always gave me her discount when I came into Subway... is it like that?
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Anyway, doesn't seem harmful, but I'd make darn sure not to give the guy the wrong idea and I'd tell my husband about it.
    sfwilson

• I have gotten things for free like that...NOT saying that I am all that or anything but whatever...like in a coffee shop near me I have had men buy my coffee for me or whatever. Sometimes I even had my kids with me! AND yes I wear my wedding/engagement rings too! I tell the hubs about it and he doesn't take offense or anything to it! He is a musician and often will have girls give him their numbers and stuff....but we know we are FAITHFUL to each other and not going anywhere so it's all good here!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Not to sound conceded but it happens to me all the time. I'm nothing special to look at but I guess I have a nice personality. I don't really think it's disprecetful but dh does. Even though it gets him free things too. My dh doesn't over react but give me a look that I know he's not happy. I don't think I'd care if it happened to dh but it's easy to say that but if it happened I might think different.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• The only time this type of thing bothered my DH was when I got free food at the Wendy's drive thru b/c the guy was flirting with me. Problem was, I was about 38 weeks pregnant!! The guy couldn't see it b/c my car sat really low but DH was soooo mad. Other than that episode, we just laugh about it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would take and go home and tell my hubby. I have always told him when guys flirt with me. We are so not a jealous couple, I point out pretty girls to him. But he knows it make me feel good when a guy flirts with me so he thinks its cute. Of course it doesn't happen much anymore. I am old now!! Or I feel old I am almost 34
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Hell Yeah, If I'm just being my friendly self and he reads it differently, oh Well. If jhe straight out asked me out, then I woud have to decline but whats an extra Espresso shot for free?
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009