Should I trust My Husband Again?

Hi, I have known my Husband for 4yrs now but we haven't even been married a year yet. We are both from Columbia South Carolina and have a 3yr old son together.Anyway my Husband is in the Navy and got stationed in San Diego California while my son and I stayed back home until paperwork got situated to go to where he was,Finally we arrived in San Diego and his phone rings and i pick it up to fine he has a text message so i gets to reading it and it talking about how he has sexual relations with this other female so i go and i ask him wat is this all about and he goes to tell me yeah he cheated while i was back home with this female but it was because he was drunk so now im like totally hurt that he did a such thing so he apolgizes to me and i accept and he tells me he's not going to have anything to do with her but just a couple of weeks ago i see her name pop up in his phone so watshould i do he telling me one thing but doing

Jenni_22

Asked by Jenni_22 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• It doesn't sound to me as though he is trustworthy. Talk with your religious adviser if you have one, or with a marriage counselor. It sounds as though he doesn't feel the commitment that he should as a husband. Be sure that you are checked for STDs- a possible consequence of his playing around. Decide what you want to do, what makes you feel secure.

Answer by Bmat at 9:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• call her and see what's up. She just might be trying to get him to see her again. It doesn't mean he is.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• When her name was on the phone? Was it just a missed call or did HE call her? If he called her then obviously..And if you wouldn't have glanced at his phone, would he have every told you? He better work hard to regain your trust or you should def leave him! Sorry to hear about the situation and good luck with everything. And remember just b/c he says he is going to have nothing to do with her doesn't mean he's telling the truth, obviously he said he would be faithful to you by marrying you and he wasn't. Look out for yourself and your child!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• id make him work his ASS OFF to regain my trust and even then I might still leave him...because to me trust is EVERYTHING if you cant trust the other person you shouldnt be with them
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm thinking if you hadn't saw the text, you'd still be in the dark. Maybe he did end it after the one night because if he was in contact with her, she'd not call/text when she knew he was with you.
    I can't imagine what you're going thru on a personal level really. Once trust is broken it can take a lifetime to get it back to where it was and it's not that often that it happens. People don't realize till it's too late that it only takes a moment to destroy a relationship (doesn't even have to be marriage) and it takes a lifetime sometimes to get past it completely.
    I'm wishing you a whole lot of luck but only you know if you even want to try to trust him, if you want to work on it. Being drunk is no excuse for cheating.. there's really not a good reason but I'd have a bigger problem with finding out by someone/something other than him.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009