does God prefer adoption?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is between a person and his or her God. I'd say, yes probably, but I do not judge nor just assume I know.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• prefer adoption to what?
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yea, I think you would have to ask God that one.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Considering God adopts us as His children as we accept His Son into our lives I would have to lean toward yes.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I guess if you're unable to have children of your own, then yes, adoption is what God would want. However, I have 3 biological children already, and for 9 years now, I've known in my very soul that God wants me to adopt. I can't tell you how many nights I've cried over this because of the outrageous cost of adopting. I want to adopt from Guatamala. Don't ask me why....somehow, I just know by what God has laid on my heart. I just have to remind myself that if this truly is God's will, I will adopt--but in HIS time, not mine. Please pray for my family to be obedient to God's will.
    Thanks
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes, I would say that he prefers adoption. Moses was adopted by Pharoahs daughter. His mother refused to let him be killed and the Lord provided him a home where he could be well taken care of. In the end, God used him to deliver his own family and people. Some of the most influential people in the Bible are those who were estranged from their biological families (Moses, Joseph, Samuel, Ruth, Esther, etc). God has a plan for everyone's life. And just because their parents can't take care of them, doesn't mean that God can't.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes He does. Cin-mom said it well. It also says in the bible this:
    Romans 8:14-16 (New American Standard Bible)

14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Shaneagle and Cinnamon-mom already said my answers :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• A child is a gift from God. Sometimes the gift is for somebody other than the people that participated in the conception.
    God prefers adoption over abortion.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 6:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• So glad some of you can answer for God. Must be nice.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 8:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009