I just totaled up my Debt...

And it is 7,734 i know that is bad and it could be alot worse but with my credit score like 530 and if i pay this off how much will it inprove my credit and alot of it is medical do they really look at medical expense, anyone else in my shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think it matters even if it is medical. It shouldn't count against you ( or anyone in the US) in my opinion. Since healthcare sucks here. I raised my credit by getting a very low limit ($500) credit card. I charged about $50 per month on it and paid it each month. I waited out the medical bills, they will drop from your credit in 5 - 7 years. It gets better, you aren't That much in debt.
    If you are interested you can make a little extra each month by taking surveys. It's free and doesn't ask for a credit card. It's only a couple hundred a month though. If you want more info you can copy the link below. Sorry I can't figure out how to post a link. Good Luck
    I have posted pictures of the payments I received, as proof.

http://thebestfreepaidsurveys.blogspot.com/
    home_teachin

Answer by home_teachin at 1:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• $7700 in debt isnt that bad, but yes you need to make a plan to pay it off. If its due to a car note then just keep making your payments. If its other debt such as med bills, then call to make arrangements with each person. If you have ways to pay if off in large sums, then give the minimum to the ones who are not charging you much interest. Take that money and pay down or off the ones who have the highest interest. Usually med bills dont have interest. Also med bill do go on your credit and they do affect your score but sometimes when applying for a loan, people will look over your credit and they dont usually hold it against you, but if you have some consumer debt, then they will. Even if youre only paying these med bills at $10 a mo, then they usually will honor that. Once it goes to collections, they might not be a nice about it. I am paying off a urologist for mydh's vasectomy. $600. Ive gotten it down to $200.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Unfortunately yes, they do look at Medical. I know I'm right there with you. Do pay as much as you can each month. Even if it's ten dollars, at least they know you're trying. I 'm not completely sure about this, but I was told that once your credit score has dropped and looks bad, it can take up to 7 years to clear your name from those bad debts. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know. I know how you feel. I'll pray for us both. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Do you need more help with medical bills? Our medical discount plans come with free financial welness counseling. It's limted time offer so act quick, Financial services arent always cheap either.

http://content.newbenefits.com/userimages/financialhelpline.gifclick the picture then click on products.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009