probation(federal)

ok i have a problem i am on fed probation for something that went on 4 in half yrs ago, my concern is i have to pay restatution payments til its paid back i will not go into what went on its not just myself but 9 others anyway my daughter purchased me a suv, and i didnt tell the po,becuz they told us it has nothing to do with them as long as we was paying the moneys back,my daughter purchased them herself i didnt get any money from this settlement just my daughter, my Q. because i didnt tell him i had it could they take it are,what this is for those thats been on probation know of someone on probation, r if u work in this feild, i am soo affraid right now becuz he said we vilated probation!! i know we could not purchase anything that we had to make payments on.. HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not a criminal or past criminal, I suggest talking to legal aid.

Anonymous

• my bf/bd is not probation, but he does have $25,000 in restitution that he is paying. as long as we make our $100 monthly payment, he doesnt have any worries about property he owns, or in his case, the judge will put him back in jail. but i am pretty sure that the victims family can come after property if he doesnt pay the monthly minimum and of course, if property was in his name. in his case there was a death involved and i dont know if your actual case involved like money laundering or something. ask your daughter to put it in her name. and most of all...you have the right to get your life back on track and if that means owning a new suv- whether you paid for it or someone else did- you are entitled to have a life. life comes along with making purchases. as long as the purchase was legal, i think you are in the clear. good luck.
    Anonymous