did you know it is possible to not agree with the homosexual lifestyle

and still be tolerant. I am tired of being called a hater just because I don't think the definition or marriage should be changed. I also dont think a person should be allowed to marry their chimp, or sister or aunt ect...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep and I know that because I am like that. I don't agree with it, never will. Did I mention one of my closest friends is gay? Still doesn't mean I condone it. I love the person, hate the sin.
    I look at it like this: I hate sin, but I still do it because it's impossible not to. I look at being gay like I look at any other sin. I even think gay people can go to heaven because God is merciful, and anyone who lives for him has a chance regardless of what they are. I watched a man remain gay his whole life, and prayed to God to change it over and over. He went to church diligently, and lived for the Lord. He never changed, and finally said "God will do whatever is in my will, and I have no control over it." He ended up dying, still serving God, and still gay. I think God accepted him in to heaven with his arms wide open. Not to say being gay is right, but saying that I will never reject someone for being a sinner.
    Cont.
    Anonymous

• LOL It's funny that you think gay marriage is the same as someone wanting to marry a chimpanzee. Seriously? Wow. Thanks for the laugh. How about the government decides who straight people can and can't marry? Then you'll know how it feels.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my marriage is buy God NOT the government AND please point out where I said gay marriage IS THE SAME as someone wanting to marry a cimpanzee.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is possible. You are not an example of it. But it is possible.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• * by God... not buy
    I am sure you can figure it out but there will always be some flippant spell Nazi that is ready to point it out
    Anonymous

• Marrying a chimp or your sister is not even close to the same thing. Why in the hell should you care anyway. How will 2 people who love each other being married effect you in any way? It won't. It will not effect your marriage UNLESS you let it then you didn't have a strong marriage to begin with. How about if someone told you you couldn't marry your husband, it is none of their business right, same difference. And even if some fool did want to marry a chimp why does it matter to you, it has NOTHING to do with you. So get over it and let people marry who they want to.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ROFLMAO @ NP always ready to show YOUR intolerance. hahaha I should have known---
    Anonymous

• I personally believe we need to just use "Holy Matrimony" as the term for religious unions and let marriage stand for any legal union. Therefore all "Holy Matrimony" would be a marriage, but not all marriage would be "Holy Matrimony". All marriage is, is a legal contract/service anyway, at least the ones issued by the gov't. Its a secular service. If people want to distinguish themselves beyond the term as it stands in the secular world it should be their responsibility to do so, not the responsibility of the gov't, besides that just leads to discrimination. If you want a religious marriage, fine, go through the extra at the church and take it upon yourself to establish your union as holy, but there's no reason to deny people a secular right just because of just because of religious beliefs that they have the freedom not to agree with.
    Its not about terminology, its about RIGHTS - equal rights for EVERYONE.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Here, you dropped your shovel.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• by the way that is kind of the definition of intolerant. You do NOT want gay people to be married that is intolerant
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009