asking one more time

because no one really answered it and i cant get a hold of my doctor for a question like this. does it matter if your orgasms during sex to help bring on labor are only clitoral or do they have to be vaginal or gspot or whatever? as long as you have an orgasm that will trigger the contraction? and i think im having them bc after sex my back and my lower abdomen start to hurt really bad but its continuous not in spurts like id imagine contractions would be.. any other suggestions as well for labor ive been walking and having so much sex im surprised i can still stand. im 39w2d 3cm and 80% effaced as of tuesday...

ps. i know sperm helps with thinning as well.. and hes my husband and this was no emaculate conception so yes i let him do the deed inside me :D

USMC_Elisa

Asked by USMC_Elisa at 9:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Any kind of orgasm causes will cause your uterus to contract, whether it's clitoral or not. I asked my doc when I was pregnant...lol.
    Anonymous

• i would call l&d!! ask a nurse they should be able to tell u whats goin on..
    Anonymous

• Its just the orgasm and it doesnt what you do to cause the orgasm!!! When you have the big O your uterus tightens up... that tightening can trigger contractions
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yippee! thank you!! :D
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 10:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Also nipple stimulation releases a hormone that helps kick start labor....
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Orgasm (caused from any type of sexual activity) releases the hormone oxytocin which is was can cause contractions if there is enough of it.

However, like you already stated, there are hormones in the sperm that help efface and ripen the cervix so it's more effective to have penial-vaginal intercourse.

If you are tired of having sex you can try nipple stimulation which releases oxytocin as well.

Oxytocin is called the "feel good hormone" so things that make you feel good and cause relaxation like sex and breastfeeding (this can be mimiced with a breastpump or had stimulation) cause the release of this hormone which causes the uterus to contract.
    Anonymous