what have u mamas taught your lil ones about what to do if they damage someones property? Exsample : run into there car?

I witnessed a girl run into my truck today, my first thought was is she hurt.
She rode away so i didnt think much of it till her friend said to her " man you scratched there truck ,you gunna say anything?"
I called her back and she kept going, so i said i would just call the police(knowing she would come then).
I went to get the phone and when i came out she was waitning for me.
My kids where there to as well as her friends and i asked her name, parents names and phone.
I then told her that she should be more careful and that i dont think her daddy would like someone doing this to him car, she agreed and i told her to go on her way.
I looked at the truck and chalked it up to kids being kids as it was not THAT bad.
I then had a lady come down and chew me out because she says i should have kept my mouth shut and followed her home.( i had never seen her before) .
I was just curious if u guys think i was wrong.
Thanks!

dita

Asked by dita at 10:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think what you did was fine. I am not somebody who relishes making kids cry. I think your admonishment was probably enough to make her think about what she was doing.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have a "you brake it.I buy it" policy with my children.Not that I have a bunch of money or any thing like that.I just hate it when other children brake toys or something and their parents do no thing.A child came over to my place to play with my son.He broke a folding piano (the electronic ones that fold up like a jelly roll).It was pricey.I got a $100 toy for $20.The sale was over.I told his parents and they said no biggy.He's just being a child.I was livid.He only played w/ twice.I now put everything up that my son doesn't want broke and let him play w/ it when that child is not here.I couldn't force the parents to pay for it.I didn't want to sue them over a toy.Something like that I would have called the cops and filed a report right then and there.That's more expensive then a toy.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2009