Is it possible to pull your hair through the cap on your own?

I've bought these highlighting kits from the store a lot, and they do good on my hair. They come with a cap and hook. I've always had someone else do it, but I don't have anyone else now..besides my DH and I'm afraid he will rip the plastic every time he tries to pull the hair through. So, has anyone did it? I know how to do it on other people, but how hard is it to do it on yourself? I think I'd be ok doing the top and sides, but the back is my main concern. It seems like it would be hard to find the right places to pull, and to see.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i wouldnt be able to!!!! good luck!!! my dh had a hard enough ttime trying to color my hair with all over colo ra couple years ago!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• use two mirrors...Its hard to explain but you can see the back of your head using the reflection in one mirror and another mirror like have one mirror behind you and look into another and position them right so you can see the back of your head
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• if you can see what your doing it should be ok but id pull the hair through and check it out before I dyed it
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes I have done it many times.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It's an easy procedure. i have a 3 mirror medicine cabnet  and a mirror on the wall behind it. It's simple to do it using the two together. I shave my head now because being a fisherman I'm always lucky to get to even wash my hair. I don't have any trouble doing that either using my mirror set up. Frankly, the more uneven your streaks are, the more natural they look. I've also taken a huge toothed comb and spread the lightening cream on the teeth and combed it through the surface of my hair and it was one of the best results. Got lot's of compliments on it.

Cin53

Answer by Cin53 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm too clumsy to trust myself to do it. I'd poke out an eye... Good Luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 4:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have most of the way except for in the back that was hard
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009