Signs that a membrane stripped has worked?

Are there any signs or symptoms that a membrane strip might be working?

I just got my second one, and wouldn't like to know if there is anything to look out for.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got mine stripped and it worked...there were no "special" signs...after I got them stripped I just started feeling contractions and had a bit of bloody show, but keep in mind spotting is normal after getting your membranes stripped so dont take a little bit of blood as a sign it worked...wait for the contractions
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• How long did it take for you? I just wanna make sure i can tell people I want there to have their phones around them for the next ____ about of time
    Anonymous

• With my dd I had my membrane stripped once and started having contractions at 5am the next morning. After about 4 hours my contractions became regular and I went to the hospital. Nothing irregular before the contractions started though.
    kittybrink

Answer by kittybrink at 10:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Ok thanks.
    Also, if it's going to work because it's not guaranteed to work is it within 48 hours, or 72 because I've heard both.

Anonymous