Does anyone know how to get rid of a Trojan horse?

I didn't know what category to put this in. Was wondering if anyone is computer savvy and knows if I do a system restore with the disk on my puter will it remove the trojan horse, my antivirus software can't remove it, says it's "processing" someplace else ???? Not sure what that means. Anyway, anyone who can help me I'd appreciate it, thinking i may have to just get rid of this puter and get a new one. Which is not financially feasible.

Help!!!!!!!(and thanks)

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 10:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you have to wait until Achilles sneaks out in the middle of the night and then shoot him in the heel with an arrow.

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• lol beckcorc
    Anonymous

• My MILs computer was having the same problem, lots of trojans & worms. Turns out that yes, there were a few little things that needed to be removed, but the "serious" problems were mostly a scam. She had downloaded some no name free antivirus and I think it was just trying to get her to buy the full program.
    What she uses now is AdAware and it works just fine. And all the problems her computer was having are fine now too.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I prefer sheepskin condoms...but I have heard trojans are good too...
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Try downloading AVG. It's free and legit. It caught and removed several trojian's that my old virus didn't even detect.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my husband says go to download.com
    and get spybot
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LMAO! I thought someone had my problem, today I went to go pull some weeds growing on my driveway and underneath one was a used, discarded condom!!! It is still there, I can't even look at it, it makes me sick. It is too dark now but tomorrow morning I am sweeping it over to the original owners driveway.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Gigi are you sure you didn't get drunk one night and well.....you know?

haha
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You ladies are cracking me up this evening. Thanks so much for all your help (including helping me destress this evening LOL)

A friend of mine called me and gave me this site malwarebytes.org not a bad site, removed everything. I had 13 trojans on here....ick!!!!!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2009