does anyone mix veggies with rice cereal?

i already asked a question about thicker foods cause my son likes it thicker i mix fruit with his cereal at breakfast but can i mix his veggies with it cause it seems the cereal fills him up longer i've just never heard of anyone mixing the veggies?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's how I fed my kids. I started with green beans, just like fruit.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• mixed the rice cereal in anything that seemed too runny to spoon feed. Green beans, carrots, squash, peas, applesauce, apples, pears, you name it. Also, some veggies like green beans have a STRONG flavor and the rice cereal seemed to tone it down a bit. Some fruits are like that, too. You can either mix the cereal with formula or water and then put it in the fruit/veggies are just put it straight in and let the cereal absorb the liquid that is already in there. Either way, it works.
    Rice cereal really has no flavor on its own, kind of like potatoes w/o salt or butter or anything. So it doesn't matter if you put it in the fruits or veggies. It's basically a thickener.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I mix veggies with rice cereal, mixed cereal and oatmeal. I mix 2 tablespoons of cereal with 1/2 jar of veggies (4 oz jars) for my dd's dinner. I sometimes add a little formula as well.

I also mix fruit with cereal for her breakfast: 3 tablespoons of cereal with 1/2 jar of fruit (4 oz jars).

So she gets 5 tablespoons of cereal per day.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• IF HE IKES IT, THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD. HEY, ITS HEALTHY
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My dr. actually recommended that I add cereal to his foods! Which you are supposed to start cereals first and then the fruits and veggies! So I do add cereal to his fruits and I add oatmeal to his veggies to! but that just bc I don't use rice it gives him to much gas
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 12:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Here's a tip, When it's time to put your little tot to bed, Dont' just rock them; sooner or later it' just doesn't work anymore. Instead take them a bath 2hr's before the sun goes down. After a nice warm bath, Warm up a nice bottle with a little rice or oatmeal. Trust me you'll never here a peep from them all night. This is really good for those who have babies who wake up at 2am or 3, and you have that important meeting to get to early in the morning. Your baby will wake up fresh and happy. Oh and maybe a little surprise for you!!
    RocknRoll4momma

Answer by RocknRoll4momma at 12:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My pediatrician recommended for over 70 years, feeding using this method:

Breakfast: 2 T. rice cereal
    2 T. protein (pureed meat or egg yolk)
    2 T. baby fruit (we always just used reg. applesauce)
    2 T. banana
    Mix together, heat and serve warm.

Lunch and supper: 2 T. rice cereal (for starch)
    2 T. protein (pureed meat)
    2 T. veg. (peas, carrots, squash, beans, beets, etc.)
    2 T. applesauce
    1 banana
    Mix together, heat and serve warm.

Our babies always ate very well and were the most healthy little un's we ever knew.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009