how long did it take for your tummy to go back to normal?

I'm sure it's somewhat different for everyone but I'm just curious..I am petite and had a baby almost 2 weeks ago and I still look very pregnant. I had a c-section, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it...I am just wondering when my belly won't look so round!!! Thanks :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i am having the same problem except i had my baby girl 5 months ago and it still looks the same, i wish i could help you
    alyselee

Answer by alyselee at 10:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It took at least 4 weeks for my tummy to go down after my C-section but it's still really flabby even though I way LESS than I did before I was pregnant. I wore my maternity clothes for at least that long.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Mine never went away. My daughter is 11 months old. When I don't suck in I still look about 5 months pregnant.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• mine went away right away..but I had a whole bunch of gross extra skin that isnt quite all the way gone yet (but not even close to as bad)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• about 6 months it was back to normal, except the muscles need to be toned alot more.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That's totally normal after 2 weeks, your uterus isn't even done shrinking yet, it will go down soon. My mom told me that it's also good to do some stomach exercises because your stomach muscle aren't really used during your pregnancy. A toned stomach acts as a girdle for your intestines and organs, when your stomach isn't toned there is no girdle so your organs sort of hang out. Wait and see if after your uterus shrinks your stomach goes down, if not then do some sit ups and that will help pull your stomach in.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• From what I understand after a C, you take a lot longer to get back to normal because they cut through your stomach muscles.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Holding in your stomach helps a lot at these early stages. Suck in your gut like some hot guy is walking by (LOL) That helps pull those muscles back in.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Most women don't need their stomach muscles cut during a c section. That is only in times of extreme emergancies or if the doctor can't spread them. But most likely the muscles weren't cut. Just fyi.

Dont do stomach exercises as someone suggested until your OB says you can. You just had majore abdominal surgery. You need time to recover. Exercise can strain your incisions. Just drink plenty of water and take some brisk walks. Breastfeeding can help take the weight off too. I only gained 20 lbs during my pregnancy, but my 2 week post partum visit I had lost 17 lbs and the other 3 came off right after that. However, my stomach is still not flat!! I haven't done anything about it, though so I can't complain. I don't look pregnant though, but my son is 21 months!! I weigh 10 lbs less now than I did when I got pregnant though. Just give it time, your tummy will shrink!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• When I said to do stomach exercises I meant after she's done healing...Sorry I assumed that's common sense. Any ways AFTER you heal then do stomach exercises, it will really help.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009