Can you honestly say that you CAREFULLY read every post that you respond to?

I know I do! But, i must say according to some of the responses I receive to my questions that not everyone does. If I post anything that may be cause for debate, i get some answers that just do not make sense or accuse me of saying things that I never said and never would say for that matter. I carefully word my questions so as not to offend or judge but i still get accused of it. It pisses me off!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• The problem might not be the fact that people aren't reading the questions, it might be that the person isn't reading the post objectively. I get the same type of responses all the time and I think what is going on is that people make up their mind on what your opinion as the poster is before they even finish reading and respond according to their emotions rather than from an objective standpoint.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i tend to skim through, but if i am going to leave a controversial answer then i read it carefully to make sure. i dont think ive ever screwed anything up really badley.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• wow her eye was black and blue what did you do about it?

I agree your a great friend.
    Anonymous

• Wait till she's about one year than feed her honey.
    Anonymous

• I try to read as carefully as I can. I usually read the responses too. I feel bad for the mother's who get bashed and it's because people didn't read the question fully.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on how long something is. I am sorry but I do not want to read everything that is a mile long, lol. Especially those ones that write in small print & very light color.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Very good point ajquinn! Excellent point actually, that is most likely at least part of the problem. Too many moms feel as if they are "holier than thou". Not any single one of us are perfect nor know all about raising children, regardless of how many we have. All people are unique as are our children, what works wonderfully for some may not work or even be detrimental to others. I like your answer very much!!!!Thank you!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I carefully read every post I plan to reply to, however there are those that write in ways that make their meanings unclear that can go several different ways, these post make responding hard and I've noticed can get differing responses that are sometimes not what the poster intended. Maybe this is what is happening unintentionally, or maybe people are just being their lazy ignorant selves and choosing to skim and reply, either way if you get a rude poster just ignore and try to get what you need from other post replies.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Guilty. I sometimes read long ones sentence by sentence and respond and post as I go. A lot of times it's rambling and repetitive.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have too cause and I know it cause I have had to put my foot in my mouth so to speak a couple of times. I feel bad cause im just a good person and don't like to say unnessesary or percieved as "mean"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009