what do you do when your husband is drunk?

how do you react to his thoughts, and concerns he otherwise doesnt tell you unless he is drunk?do you make him sleep somewhere else or does he stay in the bed even though drunk people smell and sweat . i usually listen unless he starts repeating and i send him downstairs to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• When we got married we decided before hand there would be no drinking or smoking between the two of us. I had an abusive grandfather who drank a lot and I will not have it going on in our home. He agrees fully.
    Anonymous

• My husband doesn't drink, but if I were in that situation. I think I wouldn't allow him to come to be drunk, or talk to me drunk. Also, I'd be thinking about getting both of you some counseling.
    Anonymous

• I would check to see if hell froze over. Actually on the rare occasion my DH does drink, he is very silly. Alcohol tends to upset his stomach.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• hubby and I drink ocassionally with each other. I use to be in a relationship with an ex boyfriend who would drink and stay out and want to come home and get lovie dovie and if I refused it would be a fight or he would come home angry and start a fight which was very verbally abusive and also phisical abuse he was not a very nice person when he was drunk. Till this day I remember how terrible he made me feel and how horrible my life was. Cops were involved at times as well.
    Anonymous

• Get drunk with him and discuss our theories about everything political and religious.

That's always fun. LOL
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Laugh at him..... usually I'm more drunk than him, but on the rare occasion he drinks w/o me I just laugh at him and send him to bed
    Anonymous

• Anon 04 - "Laugh at him..... usually I'm more drunk than him, but on the rare occasion he drinks w/o me I just laugh at him and send him to bed "

Thats exactly how we are too!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think in the 14 years we have been together he has only been really drunk one time. I just laughed at how funny he was.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Since the day I met him, he's loved his alcohol but we never drink and drive and he only drinks on the weekends but is a lightweight. I can't stand him drunk! Often I send him to the couch unless I'm buzzed too. Then I let him drunk dial his buddies.
    Anonymous

• i drink w him! It's our us time and we both enjoy it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009