Bad hip pain

My hip pain has been gone for almost a month, I have been eating a banana a day even going swimming almost everyday (just when the weather is not good i dont). Now its back and worse then ever! I have been waking up crying because the pain is so bad. is there anything else i can do to help it? and i read in one of my books that hip pain is a sign of labor, has anyone else read about that?

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How many weeks are you? I am now 30 weeks and can happily say I've been pretty much pain free in the hip area for a few weeks now, but around my 20-25th week I was having HORRIBLE HORRIBLE hip pain. I would also wake up crying because my hip was either out of socket or just unbearably sore. It is not a sign of labor. When you get pregnant, everything in your body losens up...your joints, ligaments, everything, so that it can make more room for the baby and have less pressure on your body. Your hips are probably just losening up and widening which can cause things to get out of place and start to hurt. Try sleeping with a pillow between your legs and one leg stretched out further than the other. That seemed to help me. If you are still less than 30 weeks, hopefully you'll be lucky like I was and it will start to go away.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes i had that when i was about 28 weeks, they said it was my round ligament stretching but to come to find out I had an abrupt placenta. If it still hurts alot i would make a doc appt. and have them do an ultra sound just to be safe
    Anonymous

• it started about 25 weeks and then stopped at 28. I am 36 weeks now and i do have an ultra sound coming up.
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You may be experiencing brusitis. It's inflammation of the fluid sacs surrounding your hips. It can be caused from the strain of the extra weight gain. There are stretches you can do, and when you are standing DO NOT lock your knees. It helps keep strain off your bones.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes, usually hip pain can be a sign of contractions. It is best that you consult this with your doctor. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 3:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2012