• In the Spotlight:

raise your hand if your kids are still in the bed with you!!

At first I loved it!! Now......it's way to crowded!! My husband complains constantly! What to do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• mine are! lol- but im going to be getting a gate for my door because at the end of the month the new addition will be here and i know in my most desperate moments trying to get to sleep i will have him in the bed with me and i dont want my older boys leaving their rooms and getting into my bed and squishing the little guy- so they have 3 more weeks to get used to being out of my bed! lol- and i second u on it being way too crowded lol

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Are they old enough to understand a bribe lol............sounds terrible but it works most of the time. For every week they stay in there own bed they earn something. My daugther earned a trip to the zoo, a game, when we were strapped for cash it was little things from the dollar store, beach trip, swimming at the beach.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• dd is in the bed with us, she is almost a year old. i wouldn't have it any other way. i love snuggling with her, when she moves up to be cuddled in my arms, when she wakes up smiling at me, etc.. there have been a few times when i've thought about getting her in her own bed, but she still nurses a lot and i don't think either of us are ready for that.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My 2yo dd sleeps with me once in a while. DH works late and I let her come in here so I don't have to go in and check on her when she's having a rough night. Our queen isn't big enough for the 3 of us to swim around, so he usually sleeps on the couch those nights.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My very wise old pediatrician told the parents of her patients, " A parent should never begin something that they don't want to continue. Its simply not fair to train a child one way, and become upset with the child b/c the parent changes their mind when it isn't convenient anymore ."

She also said "Many a mother begins training and caring for her child is such a manner that one day the father goes for a walk and he never comes back." LOL I used to laugh my head off b/c her humor was so dry, but also, so very true.

If papa isn't loving the kids being in the bed, I would listen to his wishes. He works hard during the day, and having someone kicking and moving all the time, prob. doesn't allow him a restful sleep. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We are slowly starting the transition to the pack and play beside the bed, after a year we hope to have him sleeping almost full time in there. Right now he sleeps about 5 hours a night in there and the other 4-5 hours in bed with us.

I love having him in our bed, my hubby is kinda luke-warm on the subject. But, since I am the only one who gets up at night to take care of our son he hasn't really argued with me about it. We do both agree in no CIO so that helps :)
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 12:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• if only parenting came with a book of instructions!!
    mittensoup

Answer by mittensoup at 1:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Our bed is our sacred place. Since day ONE she has never slept in the bed... or even in the bedroom. The first month, my mil and mother helped take care of her during the night and I slept in our bed. The second month, I slept on the futon near the fridge so I could get up and feed her during the night. By the 3rd month, she slept through the night (well, midnight to 6 am) and we put her in her crib from then on. I take by "never slept in the bed" she slept in the bed ONCE when she was really sick and having a fever of 103 and that was a HUGE mistake. She was sick but SOO active! We LOVE our us time and sex time and she has her own room and bed!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Anabelle still sleeps with me. I'm single, so having a husband in bed too isnt an issue, but whenever I do get a husband he better be okay with co-sleeping, because I'll co-sleep with all my babies and if he doesnt like it i'll sleep on an extra bed somewhere because I think babies should always be close to their mothers. Anyways, Anabelle's 13 months and she goes to bed in her crib at around 8:00 and stays in there anywhere from 12:00am to 5:30am, when she wakes up and gets in bed with me. It's such a bonding experience to sleep with your baby and cuddle all night. I get tired of it sometimes and wish I could have a full night's sleep, but it's only a few years out of my entire life, I think i'll live :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my 4 yr old sleeps with me and his dad is on the couch...he complains of the lack of sex and I tell him to let our son sleep on the couch instead...he won't care...but hubby does!!! he won't allow it!
    So we have a loveless life and my son has the freedom of a king bed with his mom.
    btw...space is limited..we have 6 people living in less then 800 sq ft
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009