For the women that have had C-SECTION... i have some questions

i am about to have my 3rd c-section in a month or so..... i am so deadly terrified that something is going to go wrong like i am going to bleed to death or anything of that nature.... it is stressing me out so bad i don't even know what to do.... i really wish i could just have a vaginal birth instead....with my last c-section i passed out for almost 10 min after they took my baby out they couldn't get me to respond at all they said my vitals were ok but that i just wouldn't respond all i remember is feeling all the pressure from them taking her out and that is it.... with my first c-section i was so hysterical they had to knock me out.... so i don't know what my complete options are but i was just wondering about some of you mothers out there that have had multiple experiences with c-sections.... what were your experiences and if you were as scared as i am and what my options could be?

whatitbebb

Asked by whatitbebb at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just had a C-section(1st baby) and I was terrified. I went into the hospital to be induced but apparently I'm one of a very few people who don't respond to the drugs they give you and I have a little pelvis so the baby couldn't pass through anyways. My OB held my had while the gave me the spinal and immediately after the baby was born they gave me meds to calm me down because I was a wreck. The part of me that wasn't paralyzed from the spinal was shaky shaky shaky and I felt very disoriented! Oh, and I was so thirsty afterwards that I drank a whole bunch of water...which I threw up. Most. Painful. Thing. EVER. I think I'll do better next time though now that I know what to expect :-)
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I only have one child and had to have a c-section. I was very nervous but I knew that was what was going to be best for the baby and she needed to get out of me. I think part of your issue is that you are dwelling on this feeling and that's why you passed out at the second one, you get yourself too worked up. With this being your third, just relax, you know that you will be fine and the docs know what they are doing in there. They can give you stuff to relax you a little I think, without putting you out totally. My friend has had 3 c-sections and has been fine through all of them. Maybe if you would rather be put out totally they could but I've heard it's terrible coming out of that and having a new baby there at the same time, you just feel out of it! Good luck, you'll be fine, have someone positive and helpful by your side through it!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have not had multiple c-section but I have had one and I was TERRIFIED! Do you think the stress of having to have a c-section is what made you pass out and it was just a relief to your body when she was out and you responded by passing out? That could have been the case. The good thing about having mulitilpe c-sections is you know what it is going to be like. Just relax, let the doctors do their thing and you will then have a wonderful baby in your arms! Good luck mama, I know it is scary.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was fortunate enough to narrowly avoid a c-section, but I can honestly say that every woman I have talked to about it was at least a little scared to give birth. I don't imagine it's different with a surgery, and everyone I've talked to prior to a surgery of any kind was at least a little scared.

Good luck and congrats!
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i've had 2 and yes i was nervous but not that horribly. i would ask the doctor if you can take something the night before and maybe the morning off for anxiety. make sure the doctors know your past history w/c-sections (if its a diff doc)
    also just relax as much as possible, you freaking out doesn't help your blood pressure now and during the c-section, so that affects your other vitals too and it goes from there. is it possible at all for you to try for a vbac? if not than know that you are doing what is best for you and your baby, all that matters is that you both come out of it happy and healthy and yes a c-section has higher risks than vaginal births but thats why there are alot of doctors there keeping an eye on you, so that IF something were to happen it can be addressed immediately. you've done it twice already so you know your body can handle it even if you freaked out and passed out once, you still made it through.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had a C after a day of labor, I kept begging them to give me 2 more hours..I know I can dialate.
    The C-section went great. My DD was perfectly healthy and I was doing laundry a week later. I was sore the first day but I honestly am very happy with my C. I'm TTC in August and I plan on having another C. Good luck..and Congratulations.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had an emergency csection. I really didn't mind! They did give me ambien to try to stop my contractions tho (does that make any sense??!) my dd was breech and they couldn't turn her ( i don't remember them trying) I didn't feel a thing.. but i do remember wanting to sleep but knowing I shouldn't... so i started trying to move and eventually got my knee to move when I tried wiggling my toes. I guess they told my hubby i wasn't going to make it. But it sure didn't scare me. I actually asked for it as soon as they said she was breech.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i was so scared with my c-section i was put out with my too... dont worry honey ull be ok dont stress it wont help anything you cant not get one b/c you have to get that baby out of you just breath and youll be better...
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Have you considered trying to have a VBAC ?
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• go into to your c-section the way i did mine, as long as your baby comes out alive and healthy, everything else will work out the way its supposed to...i was hemmoraging when i had mine and i am preggers again, but the only thing on my mind isnt that yeah i could die, cause you could vaginally too, but that i lived 20 yeas of my life, i met the love of my life, and i got to witness my son say mama for his first word...if i died having this baby, i would rather it be me then my child...i could give birth to the next mother theresa, or the next president...there are so many thing i would miss out on ,yes, but i always got heaven and i can watch them from there....think of it like that
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009