Labor question again

so im new at this okay im just wondering what it like and how long i should wait, im looking for anything helpfull people have told me that i will know but im thinking im haveing them and they dont hurt so i dont mind them but i dont know so do they always hurt, how long should i time them apart before i call my doc what if they dont bother me or hurt should i wait intill it does. i am so unsure of what to do because of the fact im so new at this so anything you could tell me to help would be great

Mrs.NewMommy303

Asked by Mrs.NewMommy303 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will know when they are strong enough because you won't be able to concentrate on anything else but the contractions. You will want to call your doctor when they are 5-7 minutes apart for an hour.

It sounds like all your having right now are braxton hicks so just try and relax and be patient. Try to enjoy the last few hours or days before your little one gets here, you'll be glad you did. Good luck and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• if you have more then 10 in an hr call ur doc..... they dont always hurt badly and some dont even know they are having them.....
    Anonymous

• I was in labor at the hospital for 25 hours. I was induced and my contractions didn't hurt at all until about the 20th hour.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Okay, I didn't read all of the other answers but sorry if I'm being repetitive. Honestly, how bad it "hurts" depends on that persons menstrual cramps. I know I was the kind that the first day of my period I would miss work/school because I couldn't move. So when the contractions came, it hurt, but I dealt with it because that's all it felt like was a bad menstrual cramp. If your induced, it is worse though. But honestly I would wait as long as you can to go in unless your water breaks. If it breaks you need to be in a sterile environment but I went into labor at 5pm and didn't end up going until 3am. Home is more comfortable. And you will know, as gross as this sounds because if there is anything at all in your bowels the contractions will push it out. So if your going a lot that's labor. And I was 5 cm, halfway, before I went in! So anyway, hope this helps and good luck!
    Lisa_Bug

Answer by Lisa_Bug at 11:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• When you start having them every five minutes or so is a good time to call, a little sooner if you are far from a hospital.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thw longer you stay home, I learned in birthing class, the easier your labor is. That has also been confirmed by friends of mine. I couldn't wait. I went and they sent me home I was in very early labor, I tried to sleep and went back early in the morning and got admitted at 3cm. It was painstakingly long.. I didn't really feel the contractions then.. and they talked me into pytocin and breaking my water. I don't know if it was because of that but in birthing classes they said it goes smoother if you let it happen naturally. I also got the epi though because I almost broke dh's hand during the contractions.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009