Social Security

Social Security 2009

LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER" AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!

SOCIAL SECURITY:

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.
Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.
You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.
In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.
    Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments...

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7, 800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000..00 during the last years of their lives.
    This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA!!! ZILCH!!!

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!

ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have always felt that Congress should not be allowed to Vote their own raises-it should go before the people since Congress is to work for us. Come election time you never hear about the close door votes to increase their pay, but all the other nastiness that Congress slings back in forth. If we really want change then we need to control congress remind them it is for the people by the people, not for congress by congress.
    DawnPratt23

Answer by DawnPratt23 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• So what your telling me is that I need to find a congressman and marry him??
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes Sara, and please make sure he has a Congress buddy for me :D
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Hook me up with a congressman, lol
    No but seriously that sucks
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Oh man I picked th ewrong guy? WHy didn't no one tell me? Seriously if we can't get SSI or SSDI because of their stupidity then they shouldn't recieve pay either.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Wasn't the Duggar guy a Congressman? How long do you have to be one to be eligible for the retirement plan and does it matter if you loose a reelection or not?
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 7:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i suspect the real reason that the goverment refuses to fix social security is that women are out living men by an average of ten years. by the time thier i.r.a.s run out the men will be dead and it's the women who will be poor and starving, so naturally our largely male goverment doesn't care.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 7, 2009