Or does anyone know of any organizations/agencies who would give donations for Christmas to underpriviledged children?

I am the Sunday school teacher of the Primary/Juniors class, a matron of our Youth (Young Outgoes Unstanding the Holy Writ) Ministry (age range from unborn - 18 years of age), and also, I am the organizer for the Youth's Ministry Banquet in December 2009 at my church. My goal is to have each one of the children adopted by an organization/agency for Christmas. Someone please, help me out. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

luvnmom39

Asked by luvnmom39 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well I was a bartender for 10 years..you may not be a fan of bars but patrons and customers usually get together every year and adopt families. My bar raised 4,300 for two families. Also instead of exchanging gifts with co-workers we would donate toys to toys for tots. I would make flyers for businesses suggesting donating to charity or adopting families instead of doing secret Santa for co-workers.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Where I live, the fire department, Starbucks, a mattress company and various other retailers contribute to our community...also the hospital. I'd ask around.
    Anonymous

• BTW most people jump at the opportunity to get out of shopping for crappy gifts for co-workers and feel their money is better spent on charity....you know who needs bath soaps and candles anyway.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• In my city the Salvation Army holds what we call a Angel Tree every year around Christmas time. You may want to call yours & see if they do that. Once accepted they adopt some families out for that year. Every year it is different.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Around here, the various local civic and church groups, as well as any individuals who choose, can adopt an entire family for the holidays through our local food bank. They provide groceries for Thanksgiving and Christmas, as well as presents for Christmas. Usually, when it's individuals doing the adopting, a couple of families will go in together and adopt another family.

Also, contact your local Marine Recruiting station and ask them about Toys for Tots. If the recruiter you talk to can't help you, then I would ask to speak to one who might know about it, or do a search for signing up for Marine Toys for Tots online.

Also, I don't know how financially able your congregation is at your church, but I would consider talking to the elders of the church or maybe some of your adult / Sr groups and seeing if they would be interested in adopting some of their own congregation :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009