Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He left me with no car and no money!

My husband and I split about 1 1/2 months ago. We have a 7 month old and one on the way. I also have a 2 1/2 year old. When we got married, I let him trade my car that I bought in for him a brand new truck! He promise me he would get me a vehicle before the baby was born. He never did. When Landon was 3 months old, he got a car from his aunt and told me I was responsible for making payments! I had no job cuz I had just had a c section and had a new baby with no babysitter. I rushed to get me a job and made the payment for about 4 months. When we split, his aunt came and got my car because I was two weeks late on the payment! I lost my job cuz I had no ride to work! Will he have to provide me with a car in court? I have nothing. Now I am living with my mom and trying to help her pay her bills and take care of two kids plus try to get all them to the doctor, and me for the new baby! HELP PLEASE

Answer Question

Asked by Christen19 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • The judge can make him sell his vehicle and you both get used ones (and him make payments on yours) since it's community property.
    If you haven't already, you need to get your butt down to the courts and get some child support set up, sign up for welfare, food stamps, insurance on the kids and housing at department of human services. They will end up making him pay for a whole lot of that since he abandoned you like he did. His aunt was within her rights to take the vehicle back. It was ruining her credit, or could have if the payments were late.
    I'd get up in the am, call DHS and get me an appointment and when they ask who these kids father is, where he works etc, don't hesitate to give them the information, dont' feel bad for him at all, he took your means of transportation which cost you the job to feed his children... poor excuse for a husband, father and a man period.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • like she said theres nothing to do sept get welfare(im currently getting off it bcus ive held myself for a bit and got a job in that time period!)get child also getting this for my son bcus his father hasnt done nothing since day 1 but to me its better off in a way! ... itll b ok its ruff at first but hang on and itll all come together and work out perfectly i was once there and im still not fully on my two feet but im much closer than i was b4 with the help of a few places....dont feel shitty like oh im on welfare??i did its bull you need it get it...itll help you to become stable dont use it as a lifesupport for ever cus thats bad!!!but hang on ull b fine!!!

    Answer by mamabear0824 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • There isnt much you can do. I know your situation more than you can imagine.
    Th ONLY thing you can do is take him to court & get child support and be independent. Get your own money, your own car, and your own place to live. I don't know the man, or your relationship but from all my experiences it WON'T change. Don't waste yeeaars of your life waiting for help because I'm pretty positive that won't happen.
    I waited for 2 1/2 years for the things you mentioned, plus more, and never got any of what he promised. I live with my family and that helps. I bought my own car because I know I was never going to get a new one from him, even though my other car was totaled with no insurance because HIS bum ass stole it.
    I live for cheap, have a babysitter when it's time for work & I get a small amount of food stamps so my daughter can eat. Do what you need to do, don't depend on a loser man, and don't put hope in anything he SAYS he'll do

    Answer by AriMicSun at 12:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.