What do you do when your friend relentlessly tells you to leave your husband?

I don't know what to do. She started in today telling me he's a piece of crap and "she never thought I'd settle so low". She even said that my dad would want more for me when he's been dead since I was one year old, I met her when I was twelve, and my own mother said my dad would love him. I know she's just upset because she's been having serious marital issues with her husband(to the point they separated, by 300 miles), but I just can't tell her to stop projecting her fears on me because than she's just gonna start screaming at me and telling me I should want more with my life. It's just one of her moods but I know it will probably happen again. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell her thats not her call. If you are happy in your marriage and she knows it, it sounds like she's jealous and trying to make you as unhappy as she is. Sometimes, you just have to grow a pair and say what needs to be said even when its not easy. :-) Its not really any of her business, as long as YOU are happy...she needs to learn to deal with it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Either she's incredibly jealous of your marriage or your marriage really does suck and your in denial and she's trying to open your eyes. But the former is probably more like it lol
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 12:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would keep my distance from her for awhile
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009