How do you feel about the legalization of marijuana in the U.S. for recreational use?

Are you for it or against it and why? PLEASE, no responses regarding medical use! I do not care to hear about that, this is why i specifically stated "for recreational use". Not being snippy, just reiterating! Thank you in advance for your honesty and candor!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am 100% for the legalization of mj. Alcohol is much more lethal, and much more addictive. I haven't ever met a person that is addicted to pot, and it isn't a gateway drug. Dealers are the gateway because there is such a small profit margin on maryjane - so dealers offer you other drugs that cost more. If we legalize pot then dealers will be out in the cold.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Party on, dude.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Alcohol is legal...why not make pot legal too? That's how I feel...how many accidents involve drunk driving and how many are pot related? I thinks it's fine in moderation. And you can't overdose on it, like you can with alcohol.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think in time they will make it legal, in certain amounts anyway. Why is it any different then drinking a few beers? I see no difference. Except one is a weed and the other is made from chemicals. I could care less if they make it legal though, I can't stand the smell of it!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I personally feel it should be legal if someone wants to toke up every once in a while. I don't really see why booze should be legal when a drug like pot isn't. I would think the same set of rules should apply, but I believe it should be legal.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know...the alcohol is already a problem. Add pot into the mix and I'm sure we'll have more issues. If you've been to Amsterdam, it's a pot city with every other drug under the sun and prostitution too. Only thing that's good there is it's a walkable/cycling city with trains to take you where you can't walk. The USA is too big and I fear it would add more accidents in cars and with children, etc. into the mix. Plus, what message does it send and it IS harmful to your lungs, contrary to popular belief. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the mary J on occasion...I don't know.
    Anonymous

• I think it should be legal! I don't see a problem if it's done in moderation... plus Tabacco's legal and that kills you... and bmanda352 is right! You can't overdose on pot like you can with alcohol and alcohol's legal.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't agree with it, the only reason they would legalize it would be so they could tax it.
    20hockeymom5

Answer by 20hockeymom5 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think it should be made legal for anything you want to use it for. Eat dinner, put the kids to bed and have a bowl rather than a cocktail--whats the difference? Only thing is the weed might be better for you! I don't think the government has the right to tell us what we can or can not eat, drink or smoke as long as we are not hurting others.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• pot is safer than alchohol. i think alcohol should be the illegal drug. more ppl die every year from it and related incidents. i know people have gotten into accidents due to marijuana use but it doesnt make you as reckless as alcohol. most ppl just play games and munch.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 11:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009