Am I wrong i am pissed

Okay I am a sahm mom and a full time student. my life is my child, school, and dh but sometimes I would love to go out with my friends and have a drink or 2 to get away from the stresses of home. But I never have a babysitter, I always rely on my parents and n others I dont feel like I should its not their responsibility. So dh works and whenever he gets a day off he goes out, I never say sh#@.

Today I asked him if maybe one day I wanted to go out would he stay @ home with dd. He made a big deal saying that he had to work, i told him I would put her to bed and I would not stay out that long, I feel like I deserve 2 have ME time. He NEVER watches dd, he always wants other ppl to. Its his dd too not just mine. I think its selfish on his part. He tells me I can go on his days off well his days off are Wed and Thurs and whenever my friends want to go out its on the weekend. How do i get him to see my side. I am heated!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• totally lame, he needs to step up and give you a damn break. just because you had the child doesn't mean you're locked to her. He also needs to be a Dad. Make him do it so he can understand how much work it is and how you are due a break.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I agree with anon!! I'd be pissed too!! If it were me I'd just leave her with him and go have fun.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Its to the point where my some of my friends have stopped calling because i always have the same excuse!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Tell him YOU take care of your child on a daily basis with out his help. Not only that but you are a student. You do a lot for your family. So unless he wants to be looked at like a loser dad that won't even watch his child, he better watch her because you ARE going out THIS weekend!!!!! lol
    But I am serious, you work hard taking care of your child and you're going to school to better yourself and family... You deserve a night out just as much as he does.
    Show him this, he'll see the answers and then maybe realize that it is your right to let off some steam just as much as it is his. That is a family, that is understanding, that is being treated as an equal, that is trust and respect. With out any of those things a family would fall apart. Everyone needs a break some time.
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 12:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think he is totally being unfair to you. You need a break too. Just because he has to work the next day is no excuse. You have school the next day after you watch her all night, right? I would be pissed.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2009