Not sure where to put this one

I know that a once you concive a child that its wrong to get an abortiaon but what if you have good resaons would it still be wrong?like for example if they father of the child you might be caring alredy has 2 kids,living with his parents and wont get a job and doesnt have one and you have a kid urself and living with ur mother..would it be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do it because you want/need to not cuz its an inconvenience to him....
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• agree w/ first poster. it's your choice but if you do it do it sooner than later and try to be as certain as possible as it's a choice to live with forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Adoption isnt being considered...why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There are only three legit reasons for abortion;;;
    Incest
    Rape
    Child pregnancy(still wrong in my opinion)

If you really dont want it then seek out an adoption agency. Either way, at least give it a shot a life.
    I dont have anything, I'm living with my mother who is mentally unstable, my bf left and threatened to kill me if I go after him for child support, but I'll take my chances because whats done is done. killing a life before it gets to even decide whether it wants to be here or not is still killing a life. What if you did this to one of the kids you have now? What if your mom decided to abort you? Seriously, consider adoption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• how is that a good reason to have an abortion? Why couldn't you have the baby and give it up for adoption if you are concerned about not being able to take care of it? IMO there is never a good reason to have an abortion, but I at least expected your reason to be something like "mother's life in danger", or "rape", etc. Not that I agree with either of those reasons either. Having an abortion just because you live with your mom and your baby daddy lives with his parents and doesn't have a job is an incredibly selfish reason. Start taking responsibility for yourself, give your baby the best start in life by taking good care of yourself, and then do the responsible, loving thing and place you baby for adoption with a family that desperately wants a baby of their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm with anon 11:19 why not consider adoption. IMO the only time abortion is ok is if the child is the result of rape, incestual molestation or there is a life altering deformation. Other than that I believe adoption whould be the only option if you don't want the baby. Like I said that's my opinion. I don't look down on people that have abortions at all everyone has their reason but I know several friends who can't have kids and they'd be more than happy to raise your child as their own.

OP: if the father is so incompetent why sleep with him in the first place and take the chance to get pregnant?
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Consider adoption. I have nothing either and I'm not even THINKING of abortion.

This is NO excuse to have an abortion. None of your reasons are "good" reasons. My mother had 5 child births and only kept me and another. She knew her situation wasn't right but ALL of her kids have a shot at life(adoption). My father died and my mother had nothing, not a dime to her name. How is this an excuse for abortion? I dont see it.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I do agree with this but what if the father of the baby says that he will take the child from you so you cant give it to a family who wants and then you have to pay child support to that child..
    I know that it is wrong to abort but what if its the best so you dont have to think about the child not having parents that are together or that can offard it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Being alive and with a single parent is better than being dead. I grew up poor and am very glad my mom didn't have an abortion just because they couldn't afford more kids. Besides, if you, as the mother, want to give the baby up for adoption and you are unmarried, then the father of the baby has to go through paternity testing anyway, and then he will have to petition for custody of the baby and he will HAVE to be found to be a good parent in order for a judge to award him custody instead of allowing you to put the child up for adoption. Just because you don't want to think about your child not having "both" parents doesn't make it right to kill it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i was considering abortion. i got to the point where i was having crazy dreams that directed me not too. that however doesn't happen to everyone i'm sure. I honestly dont think i could have gone through with it and I am pro choice. baby's daddy, not in the picture. i guess he changed his number cuz i can't get a hold of him. Not really trying to. I am back at home and am super excited for this lil one. sounds like you already have one so it would be harder. like they've said don't forget adoption. i believe they make it a pretty easy process with lots of different options now days. for instance if you still want to be a part of the child's life. However if you feel that abortion is best for your baby, know that he/she will be safe back in heaven. Just wasn't the right time :)
    darcierg

Answer by darcierg at 12:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2009