Anyone else bugged by

people who want them to have kids? ...I have a SS. That's enough for me. The other day he mentioned wanting a brother or sister. We do NOT want more kids. So I was with my MIL the other day and she is like, "He REALLY wants a sibling. You and (husband's name) would have a cute little girl if you had kids." Ugh. My mother is always bringing this up casually as well. My brother has a little girl she doesn't see so she thinks it's my job to provide her with a grandkid she can be more involved with. Why can't people just accept that we don't want any? What's the best thing to say to these comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why are you here?
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have a SS. Doesn't mean I want my own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My mom is the same way - are you sure you don't want one more. Yeah, I would but I can give you a laundry list of why it is not happening. First and foremost I am over 40 and it took 2 yrs to get pg w/my now 4 yr old. I'm done. I'll get a puppy if the baby lust gets too bad.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Lol I'm a single mom with an 11 y/o daughter and people ask me constantly when am I going to get married and have another child. My answer always is, if you find me a husband that is not an asshole or a lazy ass, and enough money where I'm in a position that I don't have to worry about bills or anything else, than u know what I'll get married and have another child tomorrow.
    pascualina11

Answer by pascualina11 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Everyone I know is like that! I'm not even married yet, jeez. My daughter is only five months old. My mom especially, ugh...she loves talking about "Oh, it won't be this way with the next child. The next child will do this and that." I'm not even sure if I WANT another child after having to deal with my daughter. I've had severe PPD, and I don't think I want to go through it all over again.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2009