WHAT TO DO.......

If your boyfriend went to jail and he may be in there for a year. For a charge that happen before you met and he took care of it but didn't show up for court. Will you wait until he gets out or move on with your life even though you have a child together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• That almost happened to me and my hubby. I actually paid off his court bills two days before he went to court. They were ready to arrest him... but didn't cuz his fines were paid. Honestly, i don't know what I would have done if he would have gone to jail! But we had only been together for a month. If you have been together a while and want to be together forever, I would say wait.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Was there any commitment at all? Twelve months doesn't seem like that long to me , if you value having a mom and dad for your child. Today the rules are made up as you go along. If you are asking that question then are you saying you really don't care that much for this man? grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 12:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes! We've been together for two years and still are together. This is just an unfortunate situation. I'm praying that he has a bond. . Our daughter is 14mos. We still love each other dearly.
    But I don't know what to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Why are you asking this question if you love him dearly? grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 12:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• What are you gonna tell your child, that daddy went on vacation? Don t you want to set a good example for your child?
    pascualina11

Answer by pascualina11 at 2:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Having a child out of wedlock doesn't set a good example for a child to begin with. They weren't thinking about the best life for a baby. It doesn't sound like this child could be very old. There is no need for explanations. The issue seems to be the waiting twelve months. Military wives face this all the time.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 10:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2009